CHICAGO WEDDING CEREMONY PHOTOGRAPHER
At Lake Shore Photography and Video, our wedding ceremony photographer unobtrusively captures the small, intimate moments that make you, you. When you are looking your partner in the eye, exchanging vows and rings to symbolize your everlasting love for one another, we will be right there to make sure you never forget the butterflies in your stomach from when you say “I do.”
WHY SHOULD I HIRE A PROFESSIONAL CHICAGO WEDDING CEREMONY PHOTOGRAPHER?
When it comes to planning your dream wedding, there are a lot of nitty-gritty things you have to consider and things for which you have to include in your budget. Things can add up pretty quickly, which is why we understand the importance of trying to cut costs any way you can. That being said, when it comes to finding a way to capture your wedding day on film, do not skimp on hiring a professional Chicago wedding ceremony photographer like ours.
Hiring a professional Chicago wedding ceremony photographer to shoot your big day should definitely be a priority when planning your wedding. While wedding photography certainly isn’t the most important thing about your wedding, it is something that you will want to take the time to perfect. Not only is a professional Chicago wedding ceremony photographer capturing every aspect of your special day—they are capturing your memories that will last a lifetime. Your wedding photos will tell a story that you will one day be able to share with friends, family, your kids, grandkids, and so on. They will be something you and your partner can cherish for as long as you live.
First things first, it’s important to understand that photography is much more than simply having a high-tech camera that costs a lot of money. In today’s digital age, iPhone cameras are more amazing and produce high-def photos than ever before. But just as an artist uses a pencil, a camera is merely a tool for the person using it. While having a friend or amateur photographer capture your big day might be more cost-effective, it definitely won’t be worth any cent you spend compared to hiring someone who knows how to use the camera effectively; someone who has experience capturing weddings, using different lenses and lights, working in various conditions, and crafting creative shots and perfectly executing them. The camera can’t do these things. This is the job of the photographer. At Lake Shore Photography and Video, our wedding ceremony photographer has years of experience developing their skills and techniques to provide you with an entire album of consistently gorgeous and memorable photos of your wedding day.
Even more important, however, is the fact that when you hire a professional to capture your wedding photos, you won’t have to worry as much. For instance, you won’t have to worry about if they’re missing any important shots or if the lighting is too dark. A professional Chicago wedding ceremony photographer will have checked out your venue ahead of time, planned accordingly with the lighting and scenery to prepare for any condition, and take sample photos to get the right camera settings.
When you work with a professional, you can determine what style of photography you want for your wedding photos and be able to show the photographer how you intend the lighting to look, while also being able to take practice photos so that you can get a feel for how your pictures will turn out before you take them.
The main reason it’s so important to consider hiring a professional to shoot your big day is that you only get one chance! After today, your flowers will be wilted, your cake gone, invites thrown in the trash, your dress will only be worn once, and your shoes will be returned to their box. You’ve spent months agonizing over the perfection of this day, so why not make sure it’s preserved for a lifetime? Obviously, there are a lot of aspects of your wedding day that will last forever without photo-proof, like your enduring love to your significant other, but after, this will be the only thing to help you preserve your memories of your big day, unless you have photos.
Photos are such a great way to remember these amazing memories and be able to one day share them with your family you may or may not plan to start. Your wedding is the very beginning of your family’s future, and your wedding photo album is the first of your family’s treasured photos. Hiring a professional Chicago wedding ceremony photographer is well-worth the investment to capture a lifetime of memories.
EXPERIENCED WEDDING CEREMONY PHOTOGRAPHER
At Lake Shore Photography and Video, our Chicago wedding ceremony photographer has spent thousands of hours training to learn the ins and outs of photography and probably another thousand shooting wedding ceremonies. We know how to compose a shot and get it right every time with precision. Having attended tons of weddings, and photographed hundreds more, we know the schedule of a wedding day, what happens and where we should be at what times to capture the most meaningful shots.
Our wedding ceremony photographer knows just when to sneak a picture of the tear dripping down your dad’s cheek as he stares at you on the altar. We know to expect to capture that priceless look on your face following the awkwardness after the officiant asks if there are any objections, and the crowd quietly laughs. You will only be able to capture these moments with experience, like we have at Lake Shore Photography and Video.
Our wedding ceremony photographer comes well-dressed to the occasion with extra camera equipment in the rare case something were to go wrong. We always come prepared with back-ups in the event that a battery dies or a lens isn’t functioning properly.
We are experienced in knowing how to be effective but sensitive to the raw emotions of your wedding day. We know just how and when to be assertive, and how to quickly round up a big group of people for a photo, while also knowing when to be a fly on the wall. When everyone’s emotions are through the roof, it can be quite overwhelming. Luckily, with experience like ours, we know how to get your overbearing mom to stop telling you what time it is because you are running a few minutes late to the ceremony.
We know how to deal with that one guest who had one too many before the ceremony even began. We know how to help you lace up that dress that looked simple in the store but now seems impossible. Our Chicago wedding ceremony photographer knows just what to say, what not to, and where to be when. This has taken years of experience to learn, and is something our wedding ceremony photography company has perfected.
WEDDING CEREMONY PHOTOGRAPHY TIPS:
1. Rehearse — This is undoubtedly the most important thing you can do as a wedding ceremony photographer. Ask the bride and groom for a copy of the schedule of the day, and do a run-through of where you should stand during the ceremony to capture what shots. This will help relieve your stress if you have a neatly organized schedule of where to be when.
2. Visit the venue beforehand — Along with rehearsing your positioning and scheduling, going to the venue ahead of time will help you really narrow down these locations, as well as help you get acquainted with the area. By doing this you can determine which camera settings to use, the lighting and lenses you’ll need, and can even take sample photos to see if they match the bride and groom’s expectations. Going to the location before will also allow you to talk to any staff that works there and build a rapport so that when the nerve-wracking day comes, they’ll be much more accepting and willing to help if you need any assistance for any reason. You should use this time to learn about the venue’s photography rules. There are some churches or synagogues that don’t allow pictures in certain areas and it’s important to be understanding to these laws.
3. Capture the important guests — By now, you’ve probably figured out who the couple’s parents are, the siblings, grandparents, etc. These are the people who will display the most emotion when watching their loved one tie the knot and will help you get the best shots.
4. Don’t disrupt — The most important piece of advice we can offer a wedding ceremony photographer is to not get in anybody’s way. During the ceremony, be as distant as possible while still being able to capture up-close shots. Never block the view of the guests, because that will make for a very angry mother or grandpa who wasn’t able to see their loved one say “I do.”
5. Finally, always have your camera bag nearby — You only get one chance to get a picture of the first kiss as a married couple, and if your battery dies and your camera bag is nowhere to be found, you’re fresh out of luck. This is possibly the worst case scenario, but it’s always important to prepare. We also recommend replacing the memory card or battery before the ceremony, with some time to take some sample shots to test it’s working properly, to make sure that nothing goes awry.
LEADING CHICAGO MARRIAGE CEREMONY PHOTOGRAPHER
When a relative looks through your wedding albums in the distant future, far after your hand has formed to the shape of your ring, your flowers have wilted and your dress has changed to a new shade of white, they will be able to relive your day as if they were there right alongside you. Capturing your magical day as it unfolds, we make sure your wedding photos tell your story for generations to come, giving you just one more thing to treasure forever.
If you’re looking for a Chicago wedding ceremony photographer to capture the heartfelt moments of your wedding ceremony—the anticipation of the groom as he watches you walk down the aisle, the tear dripping down your mom’s face as you say your vows, and the look in your eyes when you both say “I do” — then call us today at 312-623-3456 for a free quote or contact us here to speak with our devoted wedding ceremony photographer, and we’ll be glad to help!